Friday, June 24, 2011

Epson Stylus C90, Epson Stylus T13, & Epson Stylus ME32

I've been using my Epson Stylus C90 printer for almost 5 years. During that time I haven't encountered any major problems with my printer, aside for a few paper jams from time to time.  At that time I chose my Epson Stylus C90 printer from it's more popular counter parts the HP Deskjet printers due to it's durability, ease of use and maintenance. I've previously encountered problems with HP deskjet printers as they normally last for 1 year and normally unrepairable as there are no replacement parts released from HP.  Apparently, these particular units are classified by HP under unit exchange. Meaning HP normally replaces the whole unit when the printers are still under warranty.  So when your HP Deskjet printer breaks down after it's warranty period, goodbye printer, as there are no replacement parts released by HP. You could always try to source out second hand replacement parts from the Internet, but there is no guarantee on the quality of the replacement spare part.


After 3 years of using my Epson Stylus C90 printer, I finally tried to have it installed with a continuous ink flow system. Even after my printer prompted that it had already reached its maximum usable life. I was able to reset the error prompted and was still able to use my printer for 2 more years.  After a considerable number of pictures printed, my Epson Stylus C90 finally gave out "RIP" Epson Stylus C90 printer. Though my printer was still mechanically working, the carriage assembly needed replacement. After considering the cost of the replacement spare part and the hassles of having it repaired, I finally decided to go out and shop for another printer.

So i shoped for another Epson Stylus printer that has the same or better specs. with my old Epson Stylus C90 printer. Currently there was the Epson Stylus T13 and the Epson Stylus ME32. Physically they looked the same, except for the color. The Espon Stylus T13 is colored Black and Gray, while the Epson Stylus ME32 is white. Ink catridges for the Epson Stylus ME32 is also cheaper.  However, you can't really tell the difference from their print-out. The Epson Stylus ME32 is also priced considerably lower than the Epson Stylus T13. So hands-down I went for the the Epson Stylus ME32. So far the quilty of print-outs I've been getting is exceptional. However, I noticed that my printer encounters paper feed problems from time to time, maybe because the paper guide is fixed on 1 side and adjustable on the other side. Other than this I've been quite content on how my printer has been performing. 

No comments:

Popular Posts